Isang tulog na lang!
With only one night left before the much, much-awaited “Air Supply in General Santos City Live in Concert“, Bariles is proud to release the names of winners to his contest in relation to this.
This project, aptly called the “What Air Suppy Song Are You?” Blog Writing Contest was launched last September 14, 2009, from an idea suggested by SEO Queen Janette Toral, who was a GenSan visitor last August.
After posting the contest, Bariles religiously promoted it his Facebook account; in GenSan News Online Mag’s Facebook FanPage; in Multiply; in the e-group he put up – Soccssksargen Bloggers; in the Mindanao Bloggers and Pinoyblogosphere Mailing Lists; and, in his updates at his Friendster, Tweeter and Plurk accounts.
Janette herself promoted it in her Facebook Pages too while Mindanao Bloggers Convenor Blogie Robillo wrote about it in his Blogie Blog, while another friend, Migs Hipolito featured it in Manilenyo in Davao.
This must be the reason why he received 27 entries (minus one from a judge who is not qualified, Orman of Ganda Ever So Much) from bloggers, mostly from GenSan, Davao, Manila and even Thailand!
The sad part however is that out of the 15 superstar judges who confirmed their participation in the contest, four were not able to finish judging the entries as they were all affected by Typhoon Ondoy. As of this writing however, they are all safe and sound with their families and are in the process of rebuilding their lives again. Thank God!
Aileen Apolo, Jay de Jesus, Migs Hipolito (who was in Manila because his wife gave birth, Congrats!), Winston Almendras promised to judge the next blog contest that Bariles is cooking up for the “Sarah Geronimo Concert in GenSan” though.
With that settled, here are the winners as picked out by superstar bloggers (who were featured in an earlier blog post) Blogie Robillo, Jehz Laurente, ChiQ Montes, Orman Manansala, Brendel Balaga, Michelle Lopez-Solon, Bro. Vince Celeste FMS, Mark Aethen Agana, Flow Galindez, and Ms. Janette Toral, plus Bariles himself.
Most of them were present during the Awarding Ceremony at the Coffee Club 101 owned by concert producer Michael Wee.
The Platinum Prize Winner is Rammyboi of Otakus Notes.
Rammyboi or Mario Pison, an I.T teacher at the Notre Dame of Dadiangas University, whose winning entry entitled “What Air Supply Song Am I?” was dedicated to his father, is only 23 years old.
He chose the song “All Out of Love” for his post which moved the 11 judges to to give it an average score of 91.91 points.
Rammyboi got 2 Platinum Courtyard Tickets, a Gift Certificate worth P1,500.00 from Grab A Crab Restaurant, an official Air Supply in GenSan t-shirt and a chance to meet the Air Supply duo after the concert.
The four Gold Prize Winners who will each receive the same # of tickets plus a P1,000 Gift Certificate from Grab A Crab are:
1) Atty. Jose Villanueva, of Comelec GenSan. The lawyer blogger chose the “Every Woman in the World” and pointed out his former girlfriend and now his wife plus his daughter as his inspiration for the post in his blog, Bottom Lines. [quote1]
2) Ariel Lalisan, a full-time teacher at Alabel Science High School, Sarangani Province. Sir Ariel related his story about a former high school sweetheart and chose the song, “Come What May” in his blog Homeward Bound.
3) Swexie Balucanag, a law student from Davao, won for her blog post where she wrote an open letter for her beloved. She also chose the song “Come What May” to encapsulize how she feels in her blog which goes by the name, Khakiness.
4) Lito Antoque, a hairdresser from Barangay Calumpang, GenSan, is an Air Supply fan ever since the soft rock duo broke into the consciousness of the Pinoys. He dedicated the song, “Lonely Is The Night” to his sick mother. A few days after submitting his touching entry, which he posted in his “A Hairdresser’s Blog“, Lito’s mother peacefully joined her Maker. Our prayers go out to her and to her bereaved son and family.
The next 10 GOLD winners will all receive two pieces of P1,500 tickets each, and they are as follows:
- Gilbert Tan, an MSU professor who chose the song, I Simply Want to Give It All, in his blog, “KnowRead, KnowRite“.
- Jinky Borela, a DOLE officer who told her love story though the song, I Am Keeping the Love Alive, in her blog, “Small Steps“.
- Rosilie Lim, an entrepreneur who feels that “The Power of Love” is HER song in her blog, “Wacky Knit Kin“.
- Eunice Miguel Aclan, of Bangkok, Thailand, who picked out “All Out of Love” for herself in her blog, “Nice Thoughts and Thrills.”
- Rea Remigio, who’s working in Cebu, believes in the song “Two Less Lonely People” and explains why in “Confessions of a Gene-use“.
- Lainy, a bride-to-be who swears on the song, “Now and Forever” in her blog, “Lainy’s Musings“.
- Ric Dumalay, of CMO-SHEEP who dedicated “Every Woman in the World” to his wife in his blog, “Blagadaggg“.
- Marie Borela, who’s studying in Ateneo de Manila, chose “Making Love Out of Nothing At All” and explained why in “Talaarawan ng Payatot“.
- Lolli Agulan, a high school blogger from NDGSC in her blog, “I Am Loved“, writes about the song, Goodbye.
- Jan David, a NDDU student loves “All Out of Love” and reveals why in “Si Juan David“.
To all of them, Congratulations!
But wait, there is more…
All the non-winning entries will not go home empty-handed and will receive ONE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET each!
If that won’t make you love Bariles and Dreamwork Ventures’ Michael Wee even more, then let us all just go home and plant camote.
Again, thank you to all these wonderful bloggers who, by joining our blog contest revealed their hearts and souls for all the world to see. To them, our profuse wishes of good health, happy minds and fruitful affairs of the heart.
Now here is the You Tube video of ABS-CBN Socsargen’s news report by Anne Santos of the awarding. Thanks to Rammyboi for posting it.
And a million thank you’s to the AIR SUPPLY for without them and their songs, falling in love would be a drag. Believe you me. 🙂
[…] “What Air Supply Song Are You?” Blog Contest […]
thanks kuya avel for initiating the contest and of course to the producer Michael Wee of dreamwork ventures and grab a crab as well to the sponsors.
indeed all the stories are worth reading,worth remembering…
.-= lito´s last blog ..lonely is the night:i hope it will be over =-.
@sir oman : mao jud sir ormz.. sabi nga nila pinagpuyatan ko daw eyebags ko kaya di dapat ikahiya.. joke. (LOL) pero bitaw im using Garnier Light Eye-roll on for eyebag reduction something. d pa kaau klaro ang effect. kay mabawi man ghapon sa stress… ngaung tapos na masteral ko for this sem.. i can rest for 1 month. sana makuha ko na yung R n R na hinahanap ko 😀
@rammyboi — dear, your eyebags are having a blast. i believe you need to relax for a while. take it easy… bata ka pa baya… unya mura rabag virgin ka pa… hehehehe… take it from me… get a good massage… go to a spa… relax your body and your mind!
.-= orman´s last blog ..Air Supply Invades Gensan =-.
@sir orman: ulaw kaau sir ormz ui 😀
.-= rammyboi´s last blog ..What Air Supply Song Am I? =-.
Thanks pala sa sponsor ng contest, Mr. Michael Wee (not William,sorry). I wanna try Grab a Crab someday:)
I’ve seen the video and thanks for featuring the contest results on TV although the reporter said I’m in Malaysia (only in that photo she showed, hehehe! ). Load of thanks, Bariles and Mr. William Wee, for the great opportunity you’ve given to the bloggers who joined. This is my first blog contest ever and the result came out exactly on my 90th day of blogging (so newbie as I am!). But I’m very sad to say I won’t be able to see my favorite duo because of the bad weather condition which has left many travelers still stranded due to canceled flights and so I was not also accommodated for an urgent flight. Besides, another typhoon is coming up so dear hubby won’t allow me to travel this time. Anyway, congratulations to the winners and all participants! I’m sure the concert will turn out successful and make Gensanians enjoy Air Supply’s great unfading music.
.-= nice A´s last blog ..Group country-hopping the more beneficial and practical way =-.
Thanks po for this contest Sir Avel! 😀 Thanks din sa sponsors for the prizes. 😀
.-= ayel´s last blog ..Which Air Supply Song Are You? =-.
CONGRATS sa mga winners!
salamat sa mga sponsors!
kay SARAH GERONIMO nga concert diha lang ko musali..
.-= dimple´s last blog ..CARING CAREERS LTD – THE COST… =-.
Congrats sa winners! Congrats Koya and dreamworks ventures..
Natawa ako dito
Go gen san!
.-= Bone MD´s last blog ..Goodbye colorful friend… =-.
weeeeehhh 😀 tenkyu tenkyu sa tanan. hehe.
kaso i wont be able to watch.
tonight na pala yun, ngayon ko lang nabasa to.
i texted my mom to get the tickets from u sir avel. hehe.
nasa CTO lang naman xa. hehe
hope its not yet too late. weeh
sikata ni rammyboi uy! congrats sa tanang winners!
.-= orman´s last blog ..The Epic Flood of Manila =-.
Congrats to all the participants. Winner lahat – again! The organizers and sponsors are simply the best!
I gave my winning tickets to my parents since we joined for them and we know na my consolation tickets pa rin, kaya we will use these instead.
See you all there!
TC Sir Avel! mwa!
salamat pud sa pa contest kuya avel 😀
.-= rammyboi´s last blog ..What Air Supply Song Am I? =-.
congratulation sa mga winners. 🙂
congratulations to the winners…
enjoy the gig…!
Can’t wait tomorrow night for the Air Supply concert=) Salamat sa pacontest at sa napaka generous na sponsor na si Mr. Michael Wee. Yahoooo!
.-= Cidy´s last blog ..Air Supply Live in Gensan =-.
congrats sa mga winners!
Thank you so much, Bariles, Mr. Wee and other sponsors, judges and fellow bloggers!
The experience is well worth it. ‘will treasure this forever!
.-= jinky´s last blog ..Olaer Swimming Resort in the Netsphere and Blogosphere =-.