Isang tulog na lang!
With only one night left before the much, much-awaited “Air Supply in General Santos City Live in Concert“, Bariles is proud to release the names of winners to his contest in relation to this.
This project, aptly called the “What Air Suppy Song Are You?” Blog Writing Contest was launched last September 14, 2009, from an idea suggested by SEO Queen Janette Toral, who was a GenSan visitor last August.
After posting the contest, Bariles religiously promoted it his Facebook account; in GenSan News Online Mag’s Facebook FanPage; in Multiply; in the e-group he put up – Soccssksargen Bloggers; in the Mindanao Bloggers and Pinoyblogosphere Mailing Lists; and, in his updates at his Friendster, Tweeter and Plurk accounts.
Janette herself promoted it in her Facebook Pages too while Mindanao Bloggers Convenor Blogie Robillo wrote about it in his Blogie Blog, while another friend, Migs Hipolito featured it in Manilenyo in Davao.
This must be the reason why he received 27 entries (minus one from a judge who is not qualified, Orman of Ganda Ever So Much) from bloggers, mostly from GenSan, Davao, Manila and even Thailand!
The sad part however is that out of the 15 superstar judges who confirmed their participation in the contest, four were not able to finish judging the entries as they were all affected by Typhoon Ondoy. As of this writing however, they are all safe and sound with their families and are in the process of rebuilding their lives again. Thank God!
Aileen Apolo, Jay de Jesus, Migs Hipolito (who was in Manila because his wife gave birth, Congrats!), Winston Almendras promised to judge the next blog contest that Bariles is cooking up for the “Sarah Geronimo Concert in GenSan” though.
With that settled, here are the winners as picked out by superstar bloggers (who were featured in an earlier blog post) Blogie Robillo, Jehz Laurente, ChiQ Montes, Orman Manansala, Brendel Balaga, Michelle Lopez-Solon, Bro. Vince Celeste FMS, Mark Aethen Agana, Flow Galindez, and Ms. Janette Toral, plus Bariles himself.
Most of them were present during the Awarding Ceremony at the Coffee Club 101 owned by concert producer Michael Wee.
The Platinum Prize Winner is Rammyboi of Otakus Notes.
Rammyboi or Mario Pison, an I.T teacher at the Notre Dame of Dadiangas University, whose winning entry entitled “What Air Supply Song Am I?” was dedicated to his father, is only 23 years old.
He chose the song “All Out of Love” for his post which moved the 11 judges to to give it an average score of 91.91 points.
Rammyboi got 2 Platinum Courtyard Tickets, a Gift Certificate worth P1,500.00 from Grab A Crab Restaurant, an official Air Supply in GenSan t-shirt and a chance to meet the Air Supply duo after the concert.
The four Gold Prize Winners who will each receive the same # of tickets plus a P1,000 Gift Certificate from Grab A Crab are:
1) Atty. Jose Villanueva, of Comelec GenSan. The lawyer blogger chose the “Every Woman in the World” and pointed out his former girlfriend and now his wife plus his daughter as his inspiration for the post in his blog, Bottom Lines. [quote1]
2) Ariel Lalisan, a full-time teacher at Alabel Science High School, Sarangani Province. Sir Ariel related his story about a former high school sweetheart and chose the song, “Come What May” in his blog Homeward Bound.
3) Swexie Balucanag, a law student from Davao, won for her blog post where she wrote an open letter for her beloved. She also chose the song “Come What May” to encapsulize how she feels in her blog which goes by the name, Khakiness.
4) Lito Antoque, a hairdresser from Barangay Calumpang, GenSan, is an Air Supply fan ever since the soft rock duo broke into the consciousness of the Pinoys. He dedicated the song, “Lonely Is The Night” to his sick mother. A few days after submitting his touching entry, which he posted in his “A Hairdresser’s Blog“, Lito’s mother peacefully joined her Maker. Our prayers go out to her and to her bereaved son and family.
The next 10 GOLD winners will all receive two pieces of P1,500 tickets each, and they are as follows:
- Gilbert Tan, an MSU professor who chose the song, I Simply Want to Give It All, in his blog, “KnowRead, KnowRite“.
- Jinky Borela, a DOLE officer who told her love story though the song, I Am Keeping the Love Alive, in her blog, “Small Steps“.
- Rosilie Lim, an entrepreneur who feels that “The Power of Love” is HER song in her blog, “Wacky Knit Kin“.
- Eunice Miguel Aclan, of Bangkok, Thailand, who picked out “All Out of Love” for herself in her blog, “Nice Thoughts and Thrills.”
- Rea Remigio, who’s working in Cebu, believes in the song “Two Less Lonely People” and explains why in “Confessions of a Gene-use“.
- Lainy, a bride-to-be who swears on the song, “Now and Forever” in her blog, “Lainy’s Musings“.
- Ric Dumalay, of CMO-SHEEP who dedicated “Every Woman in the World” to his wife in his blog, “Blagadaggg“.
- Marie Borela, who’s studying in Ateneo de Manila, chose “Making Love Out of Nothing At All” and explained why in “Talaarawan ng Payatot“.
- Lolli Agulan, a high school blogger from NDGSC in her blog, “I Am Loved“, writes about the song, Goodbye.
- Jan David, a NDDU student loves “All Out of Love” and reveals why in “Si Juan David“.
To all of them, Congratulations!
But wait, there is more…
All the non-winning entries will not go home empty-handed and will receive ONE GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET each!
If that won’t make you love Bariles and Dreamwork Ventures’ Michael Wee even more, then let us all just go home and plant camote.
Again, thank you to all these wonderful bloggers who, by joining our blog contest revealed their hearts and souls for all the world to see. To them, our profuse wishes of good health, happy minds and fruitful affairs of the heart.
Now here is the You Tube video of ABS-CBN Socsargen’s news report by Anne Santos of the awarding. Thanks to Rammyboi for posting it.
And a million thank you’s to the AIR SUPPLY for without them and their songs, falling in love would be a drag. Believe you me. 🙂