From Notre Dame of Dadiangas University Alumni Affairs Coordinator, the hardworking Reuben Tugari, GenSan News Online received a piece of wonderful news!
After being granted Autonomous Status until 2014 by the Committee on Higher Education, which Bariles blogged about in an earlier post (CLICK HERE), the premier Catholic university in General Santos City has just been accredited by the Bureau of Immigration to accept for admission, foreign students.
This was contained in a memorandum from the Bureau of Immigration Commissioner Marcelino Libanan dated August 7, 2009 to petitioner Notre Dame of Dadiangas University, with address at Marist Avenue, General Santos City.
Read the scanned memo below…
Bariles did not know that a university should at first be included in the list of BI-accredited schools for it to accept non-immigrant student before it can do so. NDDU’s request for inclusion must be because of the much-improved security in GenSan and elsewhere in the region, with its Board of Directors expecting an increase of foreign students seeking affordable yet quality education.
Well, here’s hoping that with this development, we’ll be seeing more and more foreign expats who would realize that General Santos City offers not only export quality tuna but also boasts of exceptional educational institutions like the Notre Dame of Dadiangas University.
October 2009 Mechanical Engineer (ME) Top Performing Schools
A. WITH 10-25 EXAMINEES
RANK-SCHOOL-TOTAL NO. OF EXAM.-TOTAL NO. PASSED-PERCENTAGE PASSED
1 CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY 13 13 100%
MINDANAO POLYTECHNIC STATE COLLEGE (DMMMPSC) 13 13 100%
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-TAGUIG 15 15 100%
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES-DILIMAN 23 23 100%
2 SILLIMAN UNIVERSITY 17 16 94%
3 MINDANAO STATE UNIVERSITY-GEN. SANTOS CITY 15 14 93%
School-Passed-Failed-Cond-Total %-Passed Board Placers
GFI – 16 12 1 29 55% none
CPA EXAMS OCTOBER 2009
OVERALL PERFORMANCE-Southern Mindanao Schools (Not complete)
School Passed Failed Cond Total % Passed Board Placers
NDDU 7 0 0 7 100% none
RMMC 3 0 0 3 100% none
XU 24 8 3 35 69% none
ADDU 72 24 10 106 68% 3rd & Rank #2 w/100+
NDMU 17 5 6 28 61% 5th
MSU 20 14 5 39 51% 2nd (3 top placers)
UIC 10 9 1 20 50% none
UM-Main 12 24 3 39 31% none
USEP 0 1 0 1 0% none
Hehehe. Maka comment nga lang… It seems a blogger here are somehow envious… boasting of their school achievements, no question about it but the topic here is not your school. So just wait for your school to be featured, sorry for being sarcastic. For NDDU, it’s good that they have opened their doors to foreign students its a good exposures as well to our local students to strive hard of their studies. But NDDU should double time in keeping improving their schools academic excellence. Keep it up!
galing-galing ng Alma Mater ko…. i proud… cheer!!!
.-= hecky´s last blog ..Soccsksargen Bloggers Grand Eyeball =-.
Topnotchers of the July 2009 Agriculturists Board Exam:
1. Joice Villanueva San Andres, Central Luzon State University – 87.50%
2. Giselle Ann Domingo Fontamillas, University of the Philippines-Los Baños – 86.83%
3. Larry Vinluan Aceres, University of Southern Mindanao-Kabacan – 86.67%
4. Shalan Joseph Enriquez Kitma, University of the Philippines-Los Baños – 86.33%
5. Lemuel Maglinao Armada, Cavite State University (Don Severino Agr’l. Coll.) – 86.17%
6. John Michael Corpuz Antonino, Central Luzon State University – 85.83%
6. Floramae Claire Ca-Intic Secreto, Mindanao State University-Gen. Santos City – 85.83%
7. Eleodoro Leysa Alicante, West Visayas State University-La Paz – 85.67%
8. Lawrence Costales Raguine, Pangasinan State University-Infanta – 85.50%
9. Deneb Villeno Arriesgado, University of the Philippines-Los Baños – 85.33%
9. Eric Saludo Nazareno, University of the Philippines-Los Baños – 85.33%
10. Ace Mugssy Lina Agustin, Central Luzon State University – 85.17%
10. Rhona Niña Romulo Reyes, University of the Philippines-Los Baños – 85.17%
The following are the top 10 passers of the April 2008 Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examinations:
1. Ronald Lagumbay Hidalgo, Mindanao State University-General
Santos City, 91.80;
2. Benjer Albaran Acosta, Mindanao State University-General
Santos City, 90.60;
3. Chanly Lanaja Callano, Mindanao State University-General
Santos City, 89.70;
4. Kenneth Genela Reuyan, Cebu Institute of Technology,
5. Lee Aldrich Rimando Rimando, De La Salle University-Manila,
6. Generoso Tebordo de la Cerna, Cebu Institute of Technology,
7. Mark Benson Hernandez Yamat, Mapua Institute of Technology,
8. Ralph Ian Empeno Lagunay, Mindanao State University-Iligan
Institute of Technology, 88.25;
Garry Quirigo Tercero, University of Cebu,
9. Joseph Lester Felicilda Galindo, Mindanao State University, Iligan
Institute of Technology, 87.90;
10. Bob Lester Rimando Rimando, De La Salle University-Manila,
The top performing schools with 10 to 24 examinees during the April 2008 Mechanical Engineer Licensure Examination are:
1. Mindanao State University-General Santos City (100 percent) all 15 examinees passing.
2. Central Visayas State C.A.F.T.-Tagbilaran (90 percent) 9 of 10 examinees passing.
3. University of Sto. Tomas (79 percent) with 11 of 14 examinees passing.
The top performing schools with 25 to 85 examinees are:
1. Batangas State University-Batangas (98 percent) 45 of 46 examinees passing.
2. University of Cebu (78 percent) 40 of 51 examinees passing.
3. Cebu Institute of Technology (73 percent) 36 of 49 examinees passing.
Please include also in this request Ms. Osano, 6th placer of the 2008 CPA Licensure Board exam, who graduated also of MSU – General Santos City.
.-= elmerceq´s last blog ..Update on the GSC Youth Achiever’s Award 2009 =-.
This only proves that our beloved city really swells with winners and outstanding individuals.
Is there anybody here who could provide me the latest information on Mr. Nacion?
It is our tradition to present those who brought prestige and honor to our city in the halls of the Sangguniang Panlungsod and for the City Council to pass a resolution commending the excellent fete of individuals with premier talents.
.-= elmerceq´s last blog ..Update on the GSC Youth Achiever’s Award 2009 =-.
Pwede na tayo accept ng Exchange College Students..
Sigurado dadami din ang Koreanong mag eenrol!
.-= dimple´s last blog ..What’s in Store for Caring Careers International Students: Your First Four Weeks in the UK =-.
May 2008 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination
MANILA, Philippines — Following are the 10 most successful test-takers of the Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination:
1. Kristine Arce Pineda, De La Salle University-Manila — 91.43%
2. Raymund Francis Abuda Escala, University of the Cordilleras (Baguio Coll. Fndtn.) — 91.00%
3. Ryan Oliver Tiu Dy, De La Salle University-Manila — 90.86%
4. Ron Jeric Sarmiento Leonardo, University of the Philippines- Diliman — 90.43%
5. Loudie Jay Canonoy Falguera, Saint Paul’s Business School-Palo, Leyte — 89.86%
6. Jonathan Tan Bino, De La Salle University-Manila — 89.71%
Lyn Lazarito Osano , Mindanao State University-General Santos City — 89.71%
7. Marvin Fang Chua, De La Salle University-Manila — 89.57%
Lyndon Pacalda Jabla, Holy Cross of Davao College — 89.57%
8. Charles Bryan Mariñas Tan, San Beda College — 89.00%
9. Jianessa Camille Domingo Diaz, De La Salle University-Manila — 88.86%
10. Christopher Ryan Mariñas Tan, San Beda College — 88.57%
ang taas ng board rating…..CPA licensure pa yan….
whew! CPA Licensure ay isa sa mga pinakamahirap na board exam… grabe ang mortality rate…
congratulation kay Mr. Nacion…..good job dude! habulin ka na ng mga companies nyan.. heheheheheh
October 2009 Certified Public Accountant Licensure Examination
(1) Romelyn Manset Carpio, De La Salle University-Lipa, 91.71; Ivan Rhett Villacampa Macabeo, Bicol University-Legazpi, 91.71;
(2) Laila Topacio Amon, De La Salle University-Dasmariñas, 91.57; Reginald Lajara Laco, De La Salle University-Lipa, 91.57;, Ariel Cangrehilla Nacion, Mindanao State University-Gen. Santos City, 91.57;
(3) Belvin Lopez Armenion, University Of Cebu In Lapulapu & Mandaue, 91.29; Joseph Albert Josol Bulao, Ateneo De Davao University, 91.29; Ma Theresa Solano Pamintuan, University Of The Philippines-Diliman, 91.29;
(4) Jamie Ann Dela Cruz Datol, University Of The East-Caloocan, 91.00; Francis Angel Lim Reyes, Of Santo Tomas, 91.00;
(5) Ryan Dulamal Nandwani, Of Saint La Salle, 90.86; Reyland Jethro Pen Torres, Notre Dame Of Marbel University, 90.86;
(6) Hexilon Salenga Manabat, Holy Angel University, 90.71; Kevin Bacungan Manansala, Mindanao State University-Marawi City, 90.71;
(7) Kaiser Yohann Pranada Ballecer, Bicol University-Legazpi, 90.57; Cris Leo Molina Villanueva, University Of Santo Tomas, 90.57;
(8) Miken Fortunato Padilla, University Of Santo Tomas, 90.43; Alissa Star Emperado Reyes, University Of Santo Tomas, 90.43; Gibson Tengco Tan, University Of Santo Tomas, 90.43;
(9) Jerlynne Castillo Dela Cruz, University Of Santo Tomas, 90.29; Maricor Patricio Fernandez, University Of San Carlos, 90.29; Ronalyn Castro Laxamana, Holy Angel University, 90.29;
(10) Roel Samson Boiser, Baliuag University (Baliuag Colleges), 90.14; and Paul Robert Vera Morata, Ateneo De Naga, 90.14.
Wow!, During my college years at NDDU (formerly NDDC) 2 decades ago (whew!!!), we only saw visiting foreign students brought by Marist Brothers. Now, these foreigners will be trooping to our city to enroll in my alma mater. Congratz to NDDU… hold high thy name in honor to Notre Dame!
hindi basta-basta binibigay yang ganyang accreditation. nddu should ensure that indeed they’re capable of providing quality education not only to the foreign students but also to the locals…
.-= orman´s last blog ..Gearing up for Kalilangan 2010 =-.
Sana nga meron silang “foreign studies” courses! in the future…..
wow exciting naman. ang galing talaga ng alma mater ko .
And more universities in GENSAN to come…
UST in 2011
Holy Trinity College will be elevated to UNIVERSITY status within 10 years? Let’s hope!
hahahaha…di masamang mangarap!
hmmm… this is good news from my alma mater..!
hopefully magkakaroon ng mga porenger studz ang school…
BRAVO! My Alma Mater in Elementary!