Vote Pilipinas, the non-partisan non-profit online and offline campaign on voter registration, is holding the third Magparehistro Ka! Town Hall on August 27, 5pm to 7pm on Zoom, and live on Vote Pilipinas’ Facebook and FYE Channel on Kumu. The virtual Town Hall will focus on voter registrants in Mindanao and engaging diverse sectors through a roundtable conversation with representatives from various communities, in collaboration with the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
COMELEC Commissioner Socorro Inting will deliver the keynote lecture at the Town Hall. The newest data on new voter registrants in Mindanao is presented by COMELEC spokesperson and Director of the COMELEC Education and Information Department, James Jimenez. Monaliza Lidasan-Abdul, Ma. Lorena Guevara, and Atty. Norberto J. Sinsona Jr. of the COMELEC Office of the Election Officers will provide reminders and registration best practices, while Amina Rasul-Bernardo will motivate and speak about the importance of registering and voting.
Representing their respective communities is a roundtable of reputable speakers from various organizations, who will engage in discourse and share anecdotes about their own registration journeys:
- Dr. Anton Mari H. Lim – Founder and President, Yellow Boat of Hope Foundation
- Ronn Astillas – Chairperson, Philippine LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Nadine Angelica G. Casino – Founder, Modern Nanays of Mindanao
- Brian Joseph Bango – Program Officer, Ateneo Center for Leadership and Governance at the Ateneo de Zamboanga University
- Dan B. Alim – IP Sectoral Council for Central Mindanao, National Anti-Poverty Commission
Vote Pilipinas will also be sharing news of their Magparehistro Ka! Challenge as well as other campaigns as a joint effort to increase new registrants before the deadline to register on September 30, 2021.
Learn more about Vote Pilipinas through https://www.votepilipinas.com