General Santos City is now getting to be known as the “Happenings Capital of the South Central Mindanao” especially with the conduct this weekend, starting tonight of East Asia Royale Hotel and San Miguel Beer‘s “OKTOBERFEST FOAM PARTIES“!
East Asia Royale Hotel is the only hotel in the Philippines which conducts regular Foam Parties. According to its owner, Rombar Bartolome, other hotels as far as Davao and Cebu have been trying to rent their foam-making machines which his engineering team invented and built.
For this weekend, the foam parties will happen beginning tonight, October 16 and tomorrow, October 17.
Featured artists this evening are Davao’s Music Authority Band and GenSan’s Tool Box Band. Providing the music mix will be DJ Yancy of P-noy Deejays Manila, DJ Torch of Davao City and Babes Bar Resident Disc Jockeys DJ Moko and DJ Phillip James. Entrance Fee is only P80!
The bigger night will be tomorrow since this time, Retrospect Band of Manila will be headlining the Foam Party. They will be frontacted by Birdseye Band of Davao City. Entrance Fee is only P100.
Retrospect Band is known as the Philippines’ Retro Pop and Party Authority band. Composed of members J. Martin, Onie and the lone female, Gold, it has won several citations and awards already, such as:
- 1998 AWIT Awards’ “Best Dance Music” nomination for the song “It’s Party Time!!!” from their self-titled album- REtroSPECT released thru DYNA Music
- “1999 Band Of The Year” awarded by Killer Bee of Bacolod City
- “2001 Most Outstanding Pop Group” in Music Category awarded by the Youth Council 2001 of Region 1
- 2001 ALIW AWARDS nomination for the “Best Performance by a Group in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants for three consecutive years
- 2002 ALIW AWARDS nomination for the “Best Performance by a Group in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
- 2003 ALIW AWARDS nomination for the “Best Performance by a Group in Music Lounges, Bars, Clubs and Restaurants
- 2003 TINIG Awards nomination for Best Performing Group
- 2004 MTV Style Awards’ Best in Style (Group Category) held at The Tent, The Fort, Taguig, Manila
- 2005 SOP Music Awards’ “Best Dance Music” nomination over at SOP on GMA Channel 7
- 2006 National Life Awards’ “Most Promising Musical Group” held in the Province of Dagupan City, Pangasinan
- 2007 ALIW Awards’ “Best Group Performer” in Hotels, Bars and Music Lounges
- 2007 ALIW Awards’ “Special Awardee” for consistently providing the viewing public with top quality entertainment over the past decade
- 2008 ALIW Awards’ “Best Group Performer” in Hotels, Bars and Music Lounges
With all these, expect tomorrow evening’s Oktoberfest Foam Party at East Asia Royale Hotel Arcade to be one wild, wacky, and wickedly wet event! Now here is a sample of their performance in this YouTube video…