Tomorrow, August 8, 2008, in a flurry of activities from sun-up to way past sundown, the Mayor of General Santos City, Honorable Pedro B. Acharon, Jr. will celebrate his 50th birthday among his constituents.
Golden Boy Mayor Pedro B. Acharon, Jr.
This is the first time in two years that the Golden Boy is spending his natal day this way because for his past birthdays, he always preferred a simple and private get-together with his immediate family, usually out of town.
But turning 50 is considered a milestone for everyone and so this year, he is staying home to celebrate it with friends and other well-wishers.
Among the list of activities for tomorrow are:
- Turnover of Office Furniture to the Federation of Central Public Market Vendors,;
- Ceremonial Weighing of Timbangan ng Bayan at the Central Public Market;
- Unveiling and turn-over from Perfecom of Central Public Market Signage;
- Pedro’s Blood-Letting Activity at the Oval Plaza Stage (in cooperation with Red Cross & SMART);
- Palibreng Biyahe ng Alkalde (Yellow Bus Lines, Holiday Bus, Husky Bus, CONTRACA, ALJODSTCO, ALLTRANSCO, etc);
- Blessing of the new Chapel at Gawad Kalinga Promise Land;
- Distribution of Educational Assistance at Barangay Mabuhay (c/o CSWDO);
- Handog ni Mayor sa Streetchildren at the Children’s Playground;
- Distribution of Philhealth Cards at the Oval Grand Stand
From all of us herre at Bariles Republic, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mayor!
May the good Lord bless and keep you, as always. 🙂