In one of my regular nightly motorcycle jaunts with my partner, I chanced upon a brightly-colored neon sign in what once was the Anchor Hotel along the Cagampang Road Extension. Upon nearing it, we read out the word AMIGOTEL.
Puzzled, I mentally noted this discovery and vowed to come back the following day and do some investigation.
I only made it back after a few more days and these are what I gathered.
The new Amigotel Hotel and Suites is now managed by myHometel Incorporated with offices at 5th Floor, Net One Building, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. They are renting the whole building from RD Realty, who owned the old Anchor Hotel.
Amigotel Hotel and Suites also manages Sampaguita Inn in Davao City and their niche basically covers “Budget-Conscious Travellers“.
Just look at their room rates below:
- ECONOMY (FAN) ROOMS – NO AIRCON
- Single Economy – P275 (1 single bed, Toilet with hot shower, Cable TV & telephone)
- Matrimonial Economy – P360 (1 double-sized bed, Toilet with hot shower, cable tv, phone)
- Twin Economy – P375 (2 single beds, Toilet with hot shower, cable TV & phone)
- STANDARD (AIRCON) ROOMS
- Single Standard – P450 (same as Single Economy)
- Matrimonial Standard – P560 (same as Matrimonial Economy)
- Twin Standard – P575 (same as Twin Economy)
- Family Standard – P725 (3 single-sized beds, toilet with hot shower, cable tv, phone plus 1 single-sized extra bed, free of charge)
- Executive Standard – P775 (1 queen-sized bed, toilet with hot shower, cable tv, phone plus 2 single-sized extra beds, free of charge).
The new hotel has a coffee bar and restaurant and is offering FREE WI-FI at their lobby. I haven’t been inside any of their rooms but I am hopeful that judging from their slogan, “Come Home to Affordable Luxury”, one could expect nothing less.
Amigo Hotel & Suites, formerly Anchor Hotel is located at corner Santiago Boulevard and Cagampang Extension, General Santos City. For reservations, please contact them at (083) 552-4575 and 552-4660 or email them at email@example.com.