Police Regional Office 12 – The PRO 12 celebrated the Philippine National Police 119th Service Anniversary on Thursday, August 6, 2020 at PRO 12 Grandstand, PRO 12 Headquarters, Tambler, General Santos City.
The anniversary was celebrated virtually via live simulcast from the national headquarters and in all other 17 regional headquarters nationwide.
The Police Service Anniversary commemorates the inauguration of Philippine Constabulary (PC) on August 8, 1901 established as an insular police force under the American Regime.
PBGEN MICHAEL JOHN F DUBRIA, RD PRO 12, said that the celebration is a unique one as the PNP adapt to the new normal in line with one of the six key guidelines defining the new practices for the organization. He referred to the means and use of information and communications technology (ICT) to minimize transmission of disease by the migration of physical/in-person processes to a virtual environment.
PNP CHIEF PGEN ARCHIE FRANCISCO GAMBOA on his message on livestream, commended the PNP personnel who excelled in the performance of their respective tasks nationwide.
Later, recognition of awards to units and personnel of PRO 12 cited for their outstanding performance and achievements in service over the past year was also witnessed in the said event led by PBGEN DUBRIA.
The following are this year’s awardees:
• Best Police Provincial Office – South Cotabato Police Provincial Office
• Best City Police Office – General Santos City Police Office
• Best Component City Police Station – Kidapawan Police Station
• Best City Police Station – Police Station 4, GSCPO
• Best Municipal Police Station – Polomolok Municipal Police Station
• Best Provincial Mobile Force Company – Sultan Kudarat Provincial Police Office
• Best Regional Mobile Force Battalion – Regional Mobile Force Battalion 12
• Best Regional Administrative Support Unit – Regional Finance Service Office 12
• Best Regional Operational Support Unit – 5th SAB, Special Action Force
• Special Unit Award – Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit 12; Regional Health Service 12
• Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration – PSSg John Cliffton Ermitaño
• Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operations – PCpl Gary Begenio De Guzman
• Best Non-Uniformed Personnel (Non-Supervisory Level) – NUP Luzviminda Lanado Mosquerra
• Best City Mobile Force Company – General Santos City Mobile Force Company
• Revitalized Physical Conditioning and Combat Sports – Police Regional Office 12
On a personal note, the author’s three fraternity brothers from Alpha Phi Omega also received awards. Check them out in the photo below.
Congratulations to all these exemplary men and women of the police force. Mabuhay po kayo!