I finally got an invitation to the opening and blessing of Veranza Mall, KCC Property Holdings, Inc. a much-vaunted GREEN MALL, the first of its kind in Southern Mindanao, according to their press release.
From what I gathered, Veranza Mall is set to be open to the public at 11:00 AM on Saturday, June 29, 2013, immediately after a mass by no less than Bishop Dinualdo Gutierrez, DD and a ribbon-cutting ceremony earlier that morning to be attended by the city’s VIP’s, KCC’s suppliers, clients and tenants, among other guests.
Check out its invitation card below which also includes the information that Jed Madela and Juris will perform during the opening program.
As a Green Mall, Veranza has a transparent roofing that allows outside light to come in and thus saving much on electricity costs. It also boasts of a structure that is very much inspired by nature. A variety of more than 800 plants and trees will populate the mall’s three floors, including its ROOF GARDEN which will surely augur well for the environment.
It also has two outdoor wall waterfalls which will be the first of its kind in Mindanao.
The mall also has a wider Atrium which is ideal for indoor concerts, shows, events.
Veranza also has an AL FRESCO dining area, which seems to be the vogue in GenSan and will house the country’s topnotch local brands in dining and entertainment.
And guess what! Veranza Mall has its own Parking Building!
DINING ESTABLLISHMENTS: 17 and counting….
- Gerry’s Grill. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Inihaw na posit, guinataang kuhol, sisig. Website: gerrysgrill.com (SOON TO OPEN)
- Yellow Cab. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Corona Chicken Salsa; 4 Seasons Pizza; Dear Darla Pizza. Website: yellowcabpizza.com
- Mooon Café. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Quesadillas, Chimichanga, Beef Burrito. Website: mooncafe.ph
- Hukad sa Golden Cowrie. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Grilled Tuna Belly. Website: goldencowrienativerestaurant.com (SOON TO OPEN)
- J.Co Donuts and Coffee. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Alcapone, Giazzy, Coco, Cheese me up. Website: jcodonuts.com (SOON TO OPEN)
- Café Laguna. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Seafood Platter, Puto Bumbong, Dinuguan at Puto. Website: cafélaguna.com
- Sis Cake Avenue. Location: 2nd Floor. Must try: Hazlnut Dennie Mousse Cake, Tapa Steak, Cucumber Fresca (SOON TO OPEN)
- Giligan’s Restaurant. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Crispy Pata, Sisig, Fried Garlic Chicken. Website: giligansrestaurant.com (SOON TO OPEN)
- Bigby’s. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: CDO Sinuglaw, Chix Ahoy, Captain Joe’s Ribeye Steak. Website: bigbyscafe.net
- BonChon Chicken. Location: 2nd Floor. Must try: Soy Garlic Chicken Wings, Glazed Chicken Wings. (SOON TO OPEN)
- Chika-an. Location: 2nd Floor. Must try: Ampalaya with dilis, Pochero. Website: creativecuisnegourmetgroup.com/chikan/about.html
- Arpochi Seafoods and Resto. Location: 2nd Floor. Must try: Steamed Sweet & Spicy Crabs. Website: facebook.com/arpochi.seafoods (SOON TO OPEN)
- Pancake House. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Blueberry Pancakes, Classic Pan Chicken. Website: Pancakehouse.biz
- Teriyaki Boy. Location: Ground Floor. Must try: Teriyaki Chicken. Website: teriyakiboy.com.ph
- BreadTalk. Location: Ground Floor. (SOON TO OPEN)
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Location: Ground Floor.
- Yakimix. Location: Ground Floor. (SOON TO OPEN)
Wow! Seventeen dining establishments!!!! I am most excited with BonChon Chicken, Cafe Laguna, Yellow Cab and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf plus my Cebu favorite, Chika-an that was officially inaugurated today, Friday.
What is even awesome is the presence of J.Co Donuts & Coffee which is the Indonesian company’s first outlet outside of Metro Manila! Cool huh?
As for the other shops, here is the list of what you will see inside Veranza Mall.
SHOPS & OTHER STORES AT VERANZA MALL: 35 and counting…
1. ABENSON APPLIANCES.
2. SPORTS ZONE GAME CENTER.
3. BEYOND THE BOX.
4. KEVIN’S TOYS & LIBRARY
5. PLANET SPORTS PLAY & STYLEM
6. MAKE ROOM & MORE
7. EXECUTIVE OPTICAL
8. TOBY’S SPORTS
9. NATIONAL BOOK STORE
11. DIY SHOP & HARDWARE
14. REST TOE RUN
18. CACHE CACG
19. TERRA & AGUA
21. BRAND SMART
23. LACOSTE FOOTWEAR
27. 158 DESIGNERS
29. THE TRAVEL CLUB
32. CHARRIOL WATCHES
33. JUST JEWELS JEWELRY CENTRE
34. SWISS GEAR
WoW! With all these under one roof, Veranza has really one-upped SM City GenSan with its bigger number of food establishments and apparel shops, including the existing brands at its own KCC Mall. I am pretty certain though that the multinational mall giant would not take this sitting down and would be more aggressive in its moves now, especially in scouting for more tenants to populate its own mall and in coming up with the right tenant mix for GenSan.
That would surely make things more exciting in the Tuna Capital.
Congratulations Veranza Mall! With your opening, GenSan has just rightfully earned its new monicker as the SHOPPING MECCA of South Central Mindanao.
soon to open pa po ang j.co pero ang hukad golden cowrie bukas na po masarap dun kumain hehehehe
open na ba ang jco sa veranza?
wew masarap talaga kumain sa hukad masarap yung crispy pata nila mmm sarap hukadians long live
@Arnold. Parang Veranza Mall yata ang nauna, kung meron man sa ibang mall, itoy hindi kasing laki at elegant ang dating compared sa Veranza. Truly, its Gensan’s pride.
palagay ko una ito sa pilipinas na mall na merong water falls, correct me if i’m wrong people..
gravi super booming city na tlaga ang gensan sna matuloy na ang ayala mall d2
meron na talaga sa CDO.
I’ve heard meron na daw sa CDO J.Co, so we’re second in Mindanao yata.