While everyone was focused on the opening of GenSan City’s newest mall and the guys over at the online forum, Skyscraper City were busy discussing the merits and demerits of the Tuna Capital’s traffic jams and traffic lights, a 3-story building was quietly inaugurated at Mateo Road, Lagao.
This is the 3-storey Aimican Ladies Dormitory which opened on August 8, 2009. It is by far General Santos City’s biggest dormitory.
There was only a new caretaker around when Bariles dropped by one lazy Sunday afternoon. Being relatively new, she couldn’t offer any answer to the few questions the Fishman asked about the place though. She does not even know the number of rooms inside the building.
Luckily, Bariles saw this tarpauline indicating the rates of the rooms available for would-be-dormers.
From what is indicated in this tarp, Aimican’s rates are very affordable. Consider these:
- For a non-aircon room good for 6 persons, the monthly rental is only P1000 per head.
- For a non-aircon room good for 2 persons, the monthly rental is P1,200 per head.
- For an airconditioned room for 2 persons, the monthly rental is P4,000 for the whole room.
- Each dormer is entitled to the free use of an ELECTRIC IRON.
- Other electrical appliances will be charged a certain fee.
The entry of Aimican Ladies Dorm is good news for those parents who prefer a hotel or hospital-like setting for their children studying or working in GenSan. Besides, it’s conveniently situated near the KCC, Robinsons and Gaisano Malls although quite far from the city’s educational institutions.
Lest we forget, Aimican Ladies Dormitory is located a few meters down the road from Family Country Hotel and Convention Center. Hope to check out what’s inside soon.