Not a lot of people know that other than co-sponsoring events like the Lakan & Lakambini 2011 Pageant, the Bb. GandangHari Search 2011, Kasalang Filipino sa GenSan 2011, among others, General Santos City’s first mall, Gaisano Mall of GenSan has also been running their own gigs designed to discover more of GenSan’s talents.
Just very recently, they just launched their STRINGS ’11: An Acoustic Guitar Competition.
Based on the info from the event poster above, here are the requirements for those interested in joining Gaisano’s Strings ’11: Acoustic Guitar Competition:
- The competition is open to all amateur singers.
- Must be not younger than 15 years and not older than 25 years old.
- Must compete in a group of three performers.
- Must sing their own compositions or any “famous” song;
- Must complete and fill up the official REGISTRATION FORM and submit this together with a “Certificate of Live Birth” from the NSO;
- The group should prepare ONE SONG for the Elimination Round (Feb 19) and TWO SONGS for the Final Round (Feb 27), if chosen.
- Registration Forms are available at the: Port Cafe, Cafe Spazio, G-Card Verification Counter, and the Countering Office.
- Deadline for submission of registration is February 17, 2011. (Gosh, no more chance for those who just read this!)
The top three winners will receive P10,000 (First), P8,000 (Second) and P5,000 (Third) respectively. The next seven runners-up will receive P500.
The Elimination Round happens this afternoon, February 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm.
If you can’t be there since it’s still a workday, then try to be there during the Finals of the Strings ’11: Acoustic Guitar Competition on Sunday, February 27, 2011 at 2:00pm at the Gaisano Mall of GenSan Atrium. This day coincides with the culmination of the Kalilangan Festival 2011.
For more information on Gaisano’s Strings ’11: Acoustic Guitar Competiton, please call telephone #s (083) 552-3355 or 0922-8395-728. Look for the handsome Mikel and the pretty Cherry.
Wow! Share ko po kuya ha…
Dami ako kilala pwede sumali dito..
THNX PO for this Blog post!