The 14th Tuna Festival which coincides with the 44th Charter Anniversary of General Santos City on September 5, 2012 was launched via a simple programme last week.
Hosting it and at the same time spearheading this year’s festivity is Festival Director Carlos Hagosojos, the dashing no-nonsense Manager of the Phil. Fisheries Development Authority – GenSan.
This year’s theme rides on the 2012 Department of Tourism campaign “It’s More Fun in the Philippines“.
Thus, according to Mr. Hagosojos, with “Tuna Fest, Tuna Fun in Magandang Gensan“, as the theme, not only does it convey an invitation for visitors and locals alike to get their “fulfillment of fun and quality entertainment” during the festival. It also focuses on General Santos City as the “prime destination for culinary and ocean adventures.. locally and globally“.
A major change this year was moving the culminating week of the Festival from September 1 – 5 to September 5 to 9, 2012, which means that its official opening will be on the Charter Anniversary Day itself (September 5th). Check out the first release of the 14th Tuna Festival official activities below. Check back for updates.
The 14th Tuna Festival Schedule of Activities
(as of August 22, 2012).
- Aug 18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Flea Market Display)
- Aug 18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Carnival)
- Aug 18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Tuna Products Display)
- Aug 18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (SMB Party Zone)
- Aug 18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Coke Pasaya Food Court SuTuKil)
- Aug18-Sept 15 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Tuna Art Camp)
- Sept 5 – 9 Oval Plaza Tuna Village (Everyday, Everynite Sashimi Night)
- July 7-Sept 8 Oval Gym Tuna Fest Inter-Fishing Basketball Tournament
- Sept 5-Sept 9 Queen Tuna Park Tuna Fest Aqua Sports
- SM City Tuna Fest Photo Contest
- Bula Coral Reef to QTP Tuna Fest Coastal Clean-up Drive with Photo Contest
- July 7-Sept 5 Fish Port Game Fishing
Saturday, Aug 25, 2012
- 3:00 PM Gaisano Atrium Mr. & Miss GenSan 2012 – Talent Presentation & Fashion Show
Friday, Aug 31, 2012
- 2:00 PM Gaisano Atrium Mr. & Ms. GenSan – Preliminary Show w/ Fishdance Semi-Finals
Saturday, Sept 1, 2012
- 2:00 PM Gaisano Atrium Fishdance Hip-Hop Dance Crew Competition Grand Finals
Sunday, Sept 2, 2012
- 5:00 PM SM City Events Center Mr. & Ms. GenSan 2012 Pageant Finals
Wednesday, Sept 5, 2012
- 6:00 AM Fish Port to City Hall Fiscarade (Parade of Fishcars)
- 8:00 AM City Hall Flag Raising Ceremony
- 9:00 AM City Hall Tuna Fest Alay sa Kapwa
- 10:00 AM SM City GenSan Tuna Fest Photoo Exhibit
- 4:00-6:00 PM Oval Grand Stand Tuna Float Parade
- 7:00 PM Oval Grand Stand Grand Opening
- Oval Plaza All about Tuna Pavilion
Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012
- 7:00 am-12:00 NN GSC Fish Port Complex Fishtahan sa Fishport
- Kiddie Game Fishing
- Karga Tuna
- Tuna Relay
- Linis, Bilis Tuna
- Swimming Competition
- Jetski Competition
- 7:00 PM Fish Port Market 2 Street Party sa Fishport
- Biggest Tuna
- Atras Bugsay
- Huli Lipat Hito
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM Fish Port Market 4 Tuna Congress (Opening)
- 7:00 PM Tuna Congress (Welcome Dinner)
- GSC Tennis Court Lawn Tennis Natl. Open Tournament
- Lakbay Tuna
- 7:00 PM Oval Plaza Gym Brigada Teen-Guwang
- 7:00 PM Oval Grand Stand Concert (SMART)
Friday, Sept. 7, 2012
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM Oval Gym Hilig Extreme BMX Street
- Hilig Extreme Push Race Long Board
- Hilig Extreme Skate Boarding
- Oval Plaza Mountain Bike
- 7:00 PM Badminton Tournament
- Oval Grand Stand Concert (GLOBE)
Saturday, Sept. 8, 2012
- Queen Tuna Park Kite Flying
- 3:00 PM Sarangani Bay Cruise
- 7:00 AM-12NN GSC Fish Port Fishtahan Game Fishing
- 7:00 PM Oval Grand Stand Talent Show Case of Generals:
- GenSan Pop Idol
- Dance Competition
- 7:00 PM SM City Al Fresco TUNOG TUNA, TUNOG GENSAN Song-writing Competition
Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012
- 6:00 AM Queen Tuna Park Bombo Radyo Bankarera
- 1:00 PM Oval Grand stand Street Dancing Competition
- 7:00 PM Karagatan Awards
- 6:00 AM Oval Grand Stand Closing Ceremonies
For more information, visit the Tuna Festival 2012 Coordinating Center, Matalam Street, corner Pendatun Avenue, Gen. Santos City. Contact #s are 0917-3026 or 0933-720-1476. Like TunaFest on Facebook by Clicking Here. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
sayang walang Open League Futsal Tournament oh kahit 7 or 11 aside Football Tournament…
minghoy mga player T_T
MAAYONG BUNTAG GEN SAN!
Makikilahok ang Megaworld, #1 Residential Developer sa Manila, sa darating na TUNA FEST! Kung mayroong kayong kakilala na gusto kumuha ng bahay o kaya’y Condo sa Fort Bonifacio, McKinley hill, makati, Libis, Binondo, Quezon City, Maaari nyo po ako tawagan upang makipag bigay kaalaman sa aming mga proyekto.
Kung Nais nyo makita ang lugar sa Manila, sundan po ang LINK sa ibaba:
JOE SAN SOON
[…] It’s all systems go for the Mr. & Ms. GenSan 2012 Pageant, timed during the 14th Tuna Festival. […]
Your invited to the Launching & Press conference of 1st Tuna Run ( Dagan Damean Dagan ) an official 2012 Notre Dame Alumni Activity and part of the gensan tune festival. august 21,2012 Tuesday, Robinsons Place, 3:30 pm. Please come and support the spirit of One Damean & United Notre Dame
hi, is nadies chicken is halal? thanks
may painting contest?
gus2 kuh sumali ng longboarding!!!!!
Hi, i would like to know if ok lang kung where can i get VIP passes or Media Passes for sept. 5 celebration… planning to visit the city of gensan and cover the entire program thru video. Hope u cud help me 🙁
Yay, walang shootfest.
Murag lingaw pod ning Brigada Teen-Guwang ba 😉
walay Fun Run sa Tuna Fest Sir?
@Bad Bokyo, may mga idadagdag pa diyan. That is just the initial list of events. 🙂