The Junior Chamber International-Philippines, also known as the Twin Star Jaycess, is presenting the first search for the Hari ng GenSan (a male beauty and talent competition) on June 7, 2009 at 6pm at the Family Country Hotel and Convention Center.
The JCI is a worldwide federation of young leaders and entrepreneurs and GenSan Chapter officer Edison “Ember” Impang is the chairman of this project.
Admission to the pageant (is it still called pageant when it’s an all male event?) is free according to my good friend Jay-R, one of the movers behind it. They plan to make this an annual event much like the “Hari ng Negros” maybe.
And before my friends at JCI kill me, here are the names of the rest of the people behind this production: Consultant is Michael Binas; Marketing Director is Caroline June Cadabuna; Program & Development Director is Menardo Consulta, Jr.; Event Coordinator is Harold Aponesto; Secretary General is Nur Hamzah Sajay I. Sagad while Communications Director is Rombel Catolico.
Over-all stage director is Leomer Oscares while Floor Director is Harold Aponesto.
The HARI candidates are:
- Rogelio Cordero Jr. – BS Nursing student at Notre Dame of Dadiangas University;
- Sernie David Naungayan – BS MassCom student at Notre Dame of Dadiangas University;
- Aldrico Lubaton, Jr. – BS Masscom student at Notre Dame of Dadiangas University;
- Dino Lapiz – BS Biology graduate at NDDU, now working at RDEX;
- Hervelle Jade dela Rosa – employee at Bayantel;
- Jayron Escalane – BSEd Filipino student at Holy Trinity College.
- Teobert Dellava – Midwifery grad at Beaver Caregiving School, working at Jollibee.
To all these young men vying to be the first-ever HARI NG GENSAN, good luck and may the best “general” win!